As we welcome in 2013, we like to think of all the many things we have to be grateful for! We also like to think of ways we can share kindnesses with others. Below are 52 suggestions for Random Acts of Kindness that can be used each week, to help make the world a happier place!
Happy New Year from your friends at Foot Solutions of Estero!
52 Random Acts of Kindness for 2013
1. Give a $5 grocery gift card to the next person in line at the grocery store.
2. Leave a candy bar and a thank you note in your mailbox for the mail carrier.
3. Plug parking meters around town with extra time.
4. Go grocery shopping for the sole purpose of putting your purchases in the “Food for Families” box in the entryway of the store.
5. Hand out Starbucks gift cards to people who could use a pick-me-up.
6. Take leftover food from a party to a local shelter.
7. Leave a fancy new pen for your restaurant server—along with a generous tip!
8. Place a giant pile of pennies by a fountain and leave a note about making wishes.
9. Go through your personal “library” and donate books you no longer need. Better yet, leave one of your favorites in a café for someone else to enjoy!
10. When visiting the library, pay the past due library fees for five random people.
11. Pay the tab for the next person in line at a drive thru.
12. Give stuffed animals to the police or fire departments for kids going through tough situations.
13. Leave $1 bills in random toy bins in the dollar section of the store.
14. Call an animal shelter to find out what donations they need. Make a contribution and visit animals.
15. On a rainy day, buy a few umbrellas and give them to those who don’t have one and are getting wet.
16. Give a $5 gift card to the grocery checker to give to someone who needs it later.
17. Give a $5 gift card to the checkout person—just because.
18. Tape quarters to toy machines for the next kids who come along.
19. Buy tickets for the couple in line behind you at the movie theater.
20. Watch for a random good deed and reward the person with a $5 bill or a candy bar.
21. Hide Easter eggs with prizes in them all over a local playground with a bucket and note that says “Have an egg hunt—please enjoy this random act of kindness!”
22. Leave diapers and wipes on a changing table in a public bathroom.
23. Tape a bag of microwave popcorn onto a Red Box so the next patron can enjoy popcorn while they watch their movie.
24. Leave laundry detergent and coins at the Laundromat.
25. Leave boxes of sidewalk chalk on a playground for kids to find.
26. Tape a lottery ticket on the inside of a public restroom stall with a note that says “Is today your lucky day?”
27. Deliver handmade valentines to a nursing home.
28. Take get well balloons to the hospital and leave with nurse for someone who is alone.
29. Pay the dinner tab for a soldier in uniform and his/her family.
30. Create an art supply box for children at a shelter that includes glue sticks, paper, scissors, stickers and other goodies.
31. Donate blood.
32. Door holding patrol: Find a busy place and open doors for others for 15 minutes.
33. Ask your relatives to bring canned goods to a family dinner and have your own family sponsored food drive.
34. Prepare and serve lunch at shelter—anytime of year.
35. Offer to take back shopping carts for others at the grocery store.
36. Organize a road side or park trash pick-up day with friends or family.
37. Create small “Thank you for serving me!” baggies for bank tellers, cashiers, servers, etc.—include wrapped chocolates and a note thanking them for their service.
38. Send handwritten cards to officers at local police station… signed, a thankful citizen.
39. Take coloring books and crayons to the family waiting room of the labor and delivery floor of the hospital for soon-to-be big brothers and sisters.
40. Stuff large Ziploc “Blessing Bags” with hygiene products, a snack (like jerky or trail mix) and a bottle of water to keep in the car for those times when you come across someone in need.
41. Deliver stuffed animals to the children’s floor of the hospital.
42. During the holidays, buy a hot cocoa or latte for Salvation Army bell ringers.
43. Send of box of mittens and hats to a school in need.
44. Pass out candy and spread cheer to folks waiting in line at the post office to mail their holiday cards in December or taxes in April.
45. Pay the highway toll for the car behind you.
46. Visit and read to hospice patients.
47. Set up a trick-or-treating station at a nursing home—residents love to see the kids in costume!
48. Hand out bottled water or Gatorade to construction workers on a hot day.
49. Make a meal and take it to new parents or someone recovering from surgery.
50. Send flowers to someone who has made an impact on your life “just because.”
51. Be generous with compliments—find good qualities in random people you see throughout the day and let them know you appreciate them.
52. Renew an old friendship. Pick up the phone, drop by their house or write a letter to let them know you care!
We hope you found this inspiring, thank you for remembering to pay it forward and spread the joy. Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2013! ~ Your Friends at Foot Solutions Estero